Sunday, July 5, 2009

So I'm a little behind..let's start with Playa

Son of a gun (as my dear friend Kristine would say), June is over and I didn't keep you faithful three readers up to date on all that has happened.
Rats.
First of all, there was Playa. AHHH....moment of silence for the brilliance that Eliana had when she threw out the idea of taking the Dove on road. For those of you not "in the know", the "Dove" refers to my neighborhood gang (no guns, just toddlers, parents and cocktails kind of gang). Our section of the hood is "Dove Manor". We've since referred to ourselves as the Dove. Before you throw up a little bit in your mouth, understand that when you have a bunch of kids and a bunch of adults who were fun in a prior life, you improvise. We have great parties, get-togethers and the occassional "Bachelorette" or "Real Housewives" watching parties. Anyway, we took the fun on the road with a vacation to Playa del Carmen earlier this month. Eight couples, a beautiful location and less swine flu than Houston made for one of the best vacations of my adult life. We relaxed, had some fun and came back planning the next field trip. Now, that's friendship:)
Of course, my INCREDIBLE parents were kind enough to come down and watch Nick while we went on vacation. Unfortunatly, my mom fell down the stairs the morning of her trip. Being the trooper she is, she got a wheelchair and showed up. Damn. Noone loves you like your mama. Thankfully, "Papa", my dad was her sidekick, and together they had a great time surviving the record Houston heat.

No comments: