Friday, August 28, 2009

Today, Nick started his first day of school! He is enrolled twice a week at a great Mother's Day Out program. If all goes well, he will continue at this school until Kindergarten - which seems eons away, but considering how quickly the past 22 months have flown by, I know it will be upon us more quickly than I can imagine. It is truly a privilege, especially in today's economy, to able to stay home with Nick. On most days, it's a blessing I wouldn't trade for any paycheck, title or perk of my former life. And then on other days.....well, those days I'll take a job at the 7/11 for a break from 24/7 Mommyhood. School for Nick twice a week seems like a much better option than making slushies at the 7/11!
Dropping Nick off this morning went really well. No tears...well, none from Nick. I had a moment. Mainly because I know that this is the first step of giving him over to the world - with all the joy and heartbreak that comes with it. I know, I know...you are screaming..."Get a grip! It's Mother's Day Out!". But hey, it's my baby and this is my blog;)

No comments: