Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Owl always love you....

Happy Valentine's Day! I was going to pepper this post with a little St. Valentine's Day history, but then quickly remembered that all the Valentine day legends somehow end in death. And before anyone can make any wisecracks about marriage, I'll skip into a little owl-sighting story.

This morning, while Nick was talking to my mom on the phone, she spotted an owl outside her window. And, it's her second owl sighting. Significance, you may ask? Well, in many cultures, owls seen during the day, are thought to be good omens. My mom is on board with this belief. The women in my family have long been known to rely heavily on intuition and what can I call it....life vibrations. Yes, it sounds hokey and unrealistic, but ask Jason how his golf game goes when I'm not feeling "positive vibes" about it. Anyway, back to the owl. Do I believe it's a positive omen regarding Nick's MRIs tomorrow and, in addition, my father's knee replacement surgery tomorrow as well?
I believe God is the Ultimate Healer, the Creator and the only One who holds our future in His hands. I also believes the Holy Spirit is speaking to us ALL THE TIME. The problem is we don't have our eyes and ears open enough to see and hear the message. Therefore, I DO believe He allowed my mom to see the owl while on the phone with Nick to provide comfort and encouragement.

I wish y'all a fabulous Valentine's Day filled with the type of love you need most in this moment whether it be romantic, family, friends, pets or just a delicious meal. And, if you're lucky.....maybe a great "hooter" sighting. 

(Sorry. I couldn't resist.)

To my Valentines....I love you Jay and Nick like a fat kid loves cake after a diet.

No comments: