Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy 31st Birthday to me!!!

So, here I am....one full year officially into my 30s...and can I tell you, so far it really IS fabulous!
I could go through a litany of reasons on why I'm digging life, but some are private (I know, imagine that, I'm learning about privacy) and some are just obvious - how better to celebrate my birthday than with my baby shower - but all just add up to a great year. Life can get so out of control sometimes -- so off the track you know you should be on. At times I was afraid maybe I wouldn't be able to hop back on the right track, let alone find it! But then I would hear my mom's voice pop into my head..."Adelante, mi amor, siempre adelante." And so that's what I would do - move forward.....and get out of my own way:) And so here I am. Praise God!
Ying/yang, laws of the universe, etc., tell me that not all my birthdays will be the bookends to such blissful years. That's why, this year, my gift to myself is to relax, enjoy the moment and thank my Mama. Te adoro, Ma. Thank you for making it through the drug-less labor, emergency c-section and my adolescence.

No comments: