Monday, September 17, 2007

More parties for Nick!



Thank you, thank you, thank you....to everyone from the Romano/Colonnetta clan for the baby shower last weekend. The food was delicious and the company perfect. I hope that everyone had as much fun as I did celebrating Nick's upcoming arrival. Of course, it was extra special since both my mom and my sister flew in to join me! Outside of Jay and I, I think my mom is the most excited for Nick's birth. She is a phenomenal mother -- I can only imagine her as a grandmother. It will most likely be more fun than being a mother -- she can relax and enjoy it more!
And what can I say about the gift from Dana and Teresa? It was as if Dana took every thought, every prayer and every promise I have silently made and composed this amazing poem for Nicholas. I wasn't able to hold back my emotion and I know I wasn't the only dry eye in the room. And the care and detail that Teresa put into the presentation....it's truly humbling to have friends like that.
On a side note, it appears my blood pressure is a little high so I've been ordered to lay low this week. I'm just taking it as God's reminder that He needs me to let go a little more and let Him finish His perfect work.

No comments: