Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Rodeo Time in Houston!


Yee-haw...it's rodeo time in Houston! If you are not from Texas, I realize how difficult it may be to imagine how rodeo time could be so exciting. Especially when it's me who is excited and the closest I've been to lifestock is a delicious steak and I'm not exactly a cowgirl.
This year we had fun with Nick on Friday evening at "Go Texan" day in The Woodlands. Next year we will definitely dress him up head to toe for the event. This year, he had a good time cruising through the area, checking out the animals and dancing to the band. And eating. The kid is always eating.
Saturday, February 28, Jay and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. As I do every year, I put on my wedding dress and we watched our wedding video. On Saturday night, we went to the Patron party at the Rodeo BBQ Cook-off with Wes and Toni and then stayed the night at Hotel ZaZa. Let me tell you, there's nothing like drinking Platinum Patron to put you in celebratory mood! We had a great time dancing, eating delicious BBQ and enjoying some fabulous Patron cocktails. Thank you Wes and Toni!

No comments: