Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bite Me.

Soooo, I had dental anxiety. Then, I found myself in the chair of an endodontist BEGGING for a root canal. Unfortunately, my damn teeth tested "within normal limits". Really? Then, WHAT THE HELL IS MAKING THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY FACE FEEL LIKE DANTES INFERNO?

The diagnosis du jour is "trigeminal neuralgia". Now, when you Google that, you get alot of unfun phrases like "most painful chronic condition", "depression" and "suicide". Not to worry, I just get super annoyed, and while having an "attack" tend to hide or go silent of hot minute. Yes, it's THE most painful experience I have gone through, but it's also been humbling. The times, especially if I have hours, without pain, I am so incredibly grateful. I would have never even thought about it before, but now, I send up prayers of gratitude. More than anything, even in times of pain, I focus on how much more pain I would be in if there were something wrong with Nick. I'll take the teeth and face thing.

In other, unrelated news, we've been building "El Ranchito Romano"...or as you gringos may call it "an outdoor kitchen and patio". I hope you will stop by and check it out. And, I hope by then I can bite something without wanting to kick a puppy.

No comments: